This half-day technical course is focused on understanding the applicable codes and standards governing emissions testing and management in Alberta and Canada, and best practices for achieving your emissions management goals. It includes a review of the types of equipment used in the field, and provides guidance on emissions testing, the installation and maintenance of emissions reduction equipment, and tips on troubleshooting any problems that may be encountered.
Course attendees will be better prepared to:
- Apply standards and codes and manage emissions per current industry practices.
- Read and write internal corporate technical standards, review design on emission reduction requirements, and provide value-engineering solutions tailored to individual plants, facilities, pipelines, tank farms or compressor station networks.
This live course is delivered by Gobind N. Khiani, MEng., Peng., Fellow-Piping/Pipelines in partnership with JWN Energy and the Daily Oil Bulletin.
Who should attend?
- Upstream and midstream engineering professionals and other technical specialists from project planning, operations, and facilities management looking for a generalized outline of emissions testing, standards, equipment and related topics
- EPC engineering professionals and technical specialists who need to help their clients meet emissions codes and standards and understand equipment choices
- Professionals, technical specialists, and facilities operators who want to update their knowledge base on this subject.
- Technical specialists interested in expanding their understanding of LDAR, EPA, AER and CER requirements and testing procedures, and equipment used in mitigating emissions.
- New professionals in the industry without a technical or engineering background
Date: Thursday, June 3, 2021
Duration: 4.5 Hours training, includes intermittent breaks and Q&A
Time: 8:00 am - 12:30 pm (MT)
Cost: US$250. (excluding applicable taxes)
Discounts: Special pricing is available for students and discounts also apply for multiple company registrations. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
See below for Course policy
Gobind N. Khiani, a U of Calgary alumnus with a BSc in Civil Engineering and MSc in Mechanical Engineering is a seasoned change-maker, impacting industrial corporations and start-ups. He has a proven track record in technical and value engineering and holds a Fellowship in Engineering and an MBA.
He is the founder of Users Group (Engineering and Technical Subject Matter Experts), Alberta. Currently he holds the position of Vice Chairman of Standards Council of Canada. He has done peer review on Emissions Management regulatory documents for Environment and Climate Change Canada and participated in research and development initiatives for Emissions Management and Reduction Programs, Alberta and Canada's Oil Sands Innovation Alliance (COSIA) - a world-leading innovation alliance that set the model for sharing intellectual property to accelerate environmental performance.
Gobind draws upon a unique mix of public safety policy and start-up/venture capital experience. He has over 24 years of energy sector experience including regulatory, standards, technical compliance, strategy, governance, digital innovation, engineering management, technology, sustainable development, and operations. He is also skilled in Asset Integrity and Maintenance Management.
Gobind is involved in technical standards (energy, tech, public safety) and has been a mentor/judge at First Robotics Western Canada. He is also the past chair of Calgary Branch Executive Committee of APEGA.
About GAPV INC.
GAPV Inc., is a leading one-stop valve service consulting provider in Canada. With qualified and experienced engineers, we offer solutions by applying our knowledge and skills to support our clients through the complete project life cycle.
Our expertise includes Isolation, Shutdown, Controls and Partial stroking of Control valves. We offer solutions to:
- Subject matter resource/expert to specific areas within your plant, pipeline or terminals.
- Third eye review or engineering assessment.
- Contract work where you need us for short duration of consulting, value engineering.
We are a Valve engineering design partner. Our specialization is in cost efficient solutions by listening to your concept through design & review and providing support during commissioning & startup that helps you reduce your unknowns.
We work with Industry Leaders in engineering, construction, project management, maintenance and operations to achieve safety in process, workplace and plants through risk management by using SMART goals.
Notice of cancellation must be given in writing by email and action will be taken to recover, from the delegates or their employers, that portion of the fee owing at the time of cancellation.
A 10% administration fee will be levied for cancellations made two (2) or more weeks prior to the first day of the course. Thereafter, the following cancellation refund schedule will apply.
Cancellation made less than 2 weeks prior to the first day of the short course: no reimbursement of registration fees.
JWN Energy reserves the right to cancel an advertised course on short notice. It will endeavour to provide participants with as much notice as possible, but will not accept liability for costs incurred by participants or their organizations as a result of the course being cancelled or postponed.
- Developing a generalized understanding of emissions testing, standards, and related topics.
- Understanding of the leak detection and repair (LDAR) process
- EPA, AER and CER requirements and testing procedures
- Understanding the equipment used in mitigating emissions
- Identifying the regulations, emissions sources, equipment, and components of a LDAR program
- Understanding testing equipment used in emissions management
- Identifying the performance specifications for Federal reference methods.
The presentation is on the topic of Emissions Management – Applicable Codes, Standards and Practices provides the following:
- History of emissions and testing
- Terms and definitions
- Industry practices and implementation
- Types of equipment
- Manufacturing process improvements
- Packing manufacture’s emission best available technology
- Improvements for the future
- Current industry practices, codes, regulations applicable in Alberta and in General in Canada
- Problems, installation, and maintenance troubleshoot and tricks
The course consists of a Power point presentation, hands-on demonstrations, Images, videos, practical experience stories, and current industry reviews and news.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate JWN Learning Certificate of Completion
Your cart is empty